Sunday, April 11, 2010

Rest Day

Quiet day today. It was about 75 with very little humidity and very few insects. Spent most of the day chasing shade or on correspondence that I didn't get finished before the trip - and still have a bit to do.

Wanted to hop on the bike and go exploring today but had to keep reminding myself, "rest day", "rest day."

Shower washed my clothes this evening and am excited to head into the Big Easy tomorrow. Hopefully I can find something to eat there. Here's hoping I can find a restaurant!

I'll be campin just on the other side of the city tomorrow so it'll be a short day again tomorrow - 30 miles I think, and that'll give me some time in the city. Then a long day after that. Power situation for the phone looks good for the next few days, so I'll be able to keep up on the blog.

Love the tent and thermarest! You can see the pond I'm next to in this photo, but no sign of Herbert today. :(

Miss y'all.

-Chris (from his Palm Pre)

2 comments: