Monday, April 12, 2010

Great Day in New Orleans - Part 3

As I headed out of New Orleans I needed to find the levee trail from Audubon Park and I couldn't, so I had to lift the bike over some RR tracks, oh well.

While at the park, some guy pulled up next to me and said "I had a bike like that. I really liked it." I asked why he got rid of it, and he said, "It was stolen". I laughed and said. "It's not this one!" He explained his was blue, but he really missed it. He'd just moved to NOLA and had biked here from Virginia.

Later I stopped by Bicycle World and picked up some things. Met a guy named Oscar who works there and who's planning a bike trip to Cleveland this summer. DOES EVERYONE DO THIS LONG DISTANCE? He figures he'll need a month off work: 2 weeks to bike to Cleveland and 2 weeks to bike back. Sigh. Good luck Oscar.

Tonight I'm staying at a Comfort Inn - it's only 2 weeks old and is only $20 more than the local camping grounds (KOA's are expensive!)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&q=29.977295994758606,-90.28541922569275

Tomorrow is a long day so I'm going to get some rest.

-Chris (from his Palm Pre)

No comments:

Post a Comment