Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Diversions and Detours - Part 1

Yesterday's milage revised from 40 to 39.

Good day today, made it to Donaldsonville, 86 miles:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&q=30.094095468521118,-90.9384137392044

Headed back to the levee trail this morning after stopping by a kwiky mart to pick up supplies. They didn't have what I was looking for but someone saw the panniers and told me all about their trips in Europe. I swear these things are as good as having a puppy - except they don't attract girls. :(

I've included a picture from the top of the levee looking towards the river. Kinda weird, huh?

When I left the hotel, my socks hadn't dried so rather than packing them wet, I improvised: see the 2nd photo? It worked well!

Most of the morning was biking next to the river. Levee on the left, industrial plants on the right and lots of machinery overhead.

Until the first diversion ...

-Chris (from his Palm Pre)

No comments:

Post a Comment